Thursday, September 19, 2013

Trading My Debt For Peace

God used Leslie Sweet to change my family’s lives.  Here’s our story.   While most are feeling the effects of a bad economy, our family is as well.  Since I’ve always been the one “in charge” of making sure our bills were paid, I was especially feeling overwhelmed by trying to figure out how to do so.   Actually, “overwhelmed” seems like an understatement of how I was really feeling.  I was becoming “obsessed” and “constantly worried” about the lack of money to pay our bills.  I started praying about our situation and almost, if not every time, the Lord would bring Leslie to mind.  But in my pride, there was no way I was going to go to my niece, who was much younger than me, and a much better financial planner, and reveal to her my daily struggles with our finances.  That would have been way to embarrassing.    But, because the Lord loves his children more than any of us can comprehend, He kept on pressing me to call Leslie.  Now, I’ve been serving the Lord for a very long time, and I know that when He’s speaking to my heart to do something, it’s ALWAYS in my best interest to do it.  So, I called Leslie and told her we needed her help.  The peace I had after I made that call told me I’d made the right decision.  And from that day forward, I knew the Lord would use Leslie’s talents to not only help us with our finances, but to bring glory to Him.  It’s always about Him!!! 

After my husband and I spent a few months with Leslie, it completely turned our financial situation around.  Do we still struggle from time to time?  Absolutely.  And I’ll admit there were some times that I felt mad because I couldn’t afford the things I thought I deserved after working all these years.  But again the Lord, thru Leslie, taught me that life is not about material things.  And when I finally accepted that, the peace that I now have on a daily basis, doesn’t even compare to any material thing I could buy.  When I started focusing on the blessings in my life, spending time with my family, friends, good health, etc., the material things didn’t even matter anymore.  There are many times I still choose not to buy something I think I’d like to have, simply because I choose to have peace of mind over being in debt.  It’s worth so much more to me.

Our finances aren’t always perfect because “life happens”.  But the big difference is, because of Leslie’s guidance, we now have a financial plan and goals. And we’ve learned how to rethink about the way we handle our money.

Leslie Sweet is a very talented financial planner.  What stands out most to me about her is the fact that she lives what she teaches.  And she is living proof that taking responsibility for the money God has blessed us with is important and has many good returns.

Even though we don’t meet with Leslie anymore, God still uses her by bringing her to mind whenever I’m making a financial decision and I remember all that she’s taught us and how far we’ve come.

If you are struggling with finances, I would highly recommend you contact Leslie.  Not because she’s my niece, but because she could potentially change your life.  I know she changed ours!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment